The BabyLab is dedicated to the study of the behaviors, knowledge, skills, and emotions of children from 0 to 10 years old. The normal and disturbed development of the child is studied: autism, mental retardation, trisomy 21, learning disorders, etc.
This 40 m² secure space approved by the ARS (Regional Health Agency) has three rooms:
– A waiting room where sofas, play area, and changing table are available for the comfort of parents and their child(ren).
– An experimentation room where experiments take place. The equipment in this room depends on the information the researchers wish to record.
– An observation room that allows the researcher(s) to collect and subsequently process the various behavioural indices useful for research projects.
Evaluation tests: NBAS, CPM, K-ABC II, NEPSY II, BOEHM III, WPPSI III, BLR etc.
Applications and projects
- Early Mother-Child Interactions
- Development of self-regulation in children
- Baby’s social cognition
- Autism – contribution of eye tracking